Books

Retractions & Revelations (Jerk Poet, 2014)

Retractions & Revelations is a series of haikus, koans, and one-liners. These little poems partake of a paradoxical spirituality that’s Christian, Zen, and Wildean. They’re sexy, funny, and earnest as a choir boy.

[Jerk Poet]

My Gay Middle Ages (punctum, 2015)

My Gay Middle Ages (punctum, 2015)

My Gay Middle Ages monumentalizes the medieval aspects of the “gay lifestyle.” Its bemused hero uses pre-modern poetry as a technology of self-preservation. His “Middle Ages” are a posture from which to spiritualize the petty indignities of contemporary life.

[punctum books]

Thebes (Jerk Poet, 2015)

Thebes (Jerk Poet, 2015)

Thebes is a collection of priapic poems written in rhyme royal (a form invented by Chaucer). Thebes was originally presented at Brooklyn Wayfarers as part of a collaborative art exhibition with Harry Cushing and Juliana Merz.

[Jerk Poet]

Playing Favorites (Wayfarers, 2016)

Playing Favorites is the exhibition catalogue for a member show at the Brooklyn Wayfarers studio program. For the show, Strouse selected his favorite art works by Wayfarers members and then composed Horatian odes for each work. Patty Barth’s drawings accompany the poems. Layout by David (Scout) McQueen and George Ferrandi.

[PDF]

B.B.C. (2017)

B.B.C.: (The Black Boyfriend Compendium) is a campy experiment in pornography as ethnography.

[Amazon]